Photo
- - - - -

WHP - Bug In Nav Links

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 bhayent1

bhayent1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:17 PM

Hi - There is a bug in the links to subpages that affects the BACK BUTTON that I need to fix ASAP for the client. There are two sub pages under Our Services: Government & Public Affairs & Grassroots Advocacy

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The BUG comes in when clicking the BLUE TEXT LINKS to the subpages: - the links work ??“ however the BACK BUTTON BECOMES NON- FUNCTIONAL. This BUG only happens thru this PATH: CLICK Our Services CLICK BLUE TEXT LINK " Government Affairs & Public Policy OR CLICK "Our Services: CLICK BLUE TEXT LINK " Grassroots Advocacy" Please advise workaround ASAP. Thanks, Barbara

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:15 PM

The back button works fine for me... Its hard to imagine a way that the theme would cause the back button to fail too... what browser/operating system are you on?

#3 bhayent1

bhayent1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 04:35 AM

Hi Andrew - The BACK button works fin if you enter the subpages thru the subnav. But it totally disappears whern yo enter the subpage from the LINS - the blue text links - in the top level page conetn (Our Serives page). This bug was notice by my client - in Iowa - using both IE & Firefox. The bug was duplicated by me - in NJ - using Windows 2003 & Firefox.

#4 bhayent1

bhayent1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 04:36 AM

PS - I sent you a document today with screen captures of the bug. Please advise asap. Thanks.

#5 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:45 AM

its because your using a:

on the link.

I don't think it has anything to do with the theme.

#6 bhayent1

bhayent1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:52 AM

Hi Andrew - Never had this problem before. To create the link I am using the WYSWYG editor in the compose panel: 1. I highly the text to be linked. 2. I select LINK icon 3. I paste in the URL string into the LINK URL window (

) 4. I select the TARGET to open in a NEW WINDOW. 5. I do not select class - leaving this at the default. ( btw - I have never used "Class" in any ,link I've ever created) Is there something else I should be doing?

#7 bhayent1

bhayent1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:55 AM

btw - I just re-created the links & they still don't work. If you like I will create a PW for you so you can see.

#8 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:01 PM

Setting target to open in a new windows is what's causing your issue.

#9 bhayent1

bhayent1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:58 PM

Andrew - Thank you. I had a very LARGE SENIOR MOMENT! Ha ha! Best have some more caffeine next time. Thanks for your patience!