Drop footer logo by 50px

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 kaspr

kaspr

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:45 PM

I'm working on a local install so I can't provide a link. I've tried a few different things but I am only able to drop all the containers in the footer. My goal is to drop only the first container, the one with the logo image. Thanks, Jim

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:08 AM

Which theme are you using?

#3 srusnak

srusnak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:44 PM

Drop? Do you mean delete, or move them?

#4 kaspr

kaspr

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:18 PM

I am using Platform Pro 1.5.1. There is an option in settings to display a "footer logo". I am able to display the logo, but I would like to move it down by 50px. So far I have only been able to move all the columns in the footer, not just the logo column.

#5 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:46 AM

It's still possible with CSS tweaking. You can assign the logo in the footer with a class (i.e. footerlogo) and then use CSS to move just that logo image. Does that make sense?

#6 srusnak

srusnak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 08:34 AM

Wouldn't PlatformPro assign the logo's class, if he used it to display in the settings? You could look it up in Firebug, and then enter { margin-top: 50px; } to the logo class specifically in custom code. It should push it down by 50px.

#7 kaspr

kaspr

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:59 AM

I tried looking up the class for the logo in the footer but it is assigned to all the columns in the footer. The site is online now. Would someone be able to take a look and see what's possible?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:36 PM

It's possible to make a copy of the file where the 5-column footer is located and put it in the base theme folder then edit it to add an image class to that logo. Once you've done that, you can create CSS assigned to that image class to push it down 50px.

EDIT
...or easier yet, go to the Widgets page on your Dashboard and then add a text widget as the first one so that you can easily put in an

tag for the logo image with an image class (that way, you don't have to mess around with the file).

You'll have to add 4 more widgets that mimic the other ones that show by default. I'll answer your question about hiding page links in the other topic you posted...

#9 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:41 PM

...or easier yet, go to the Widgets page on your Dashboard and then add a text widget as the first one so that you can easily put in an tag for the logo image with an image class (that way, you don't have to mess around with the file). You'll have to add 4 more widgets that mimic the other ones that show by default. I'll answer your question about hiding page links in the other topic you posted...

#10 kaspr

kaspr

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:30 PM

Thanks Catrina,

I ended up replacing the default footer with 5 widgets. For the logo widget I used:

This dropped my logo the required amount.

Cheers,
Jim