Photo

Add items to top right of header (replace search?)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 topher

topher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:40 PM

Hi all, I'm pretty comfortable with editing php and css, not shy to give this a try - so your suggestions are hugely appreciated. I have a client that would REALLY like to add items on this theme - pretty much where the search field show up on the header when it is enabled. We would at least like the phone number and the address of the business to show up. We would also like to add a facebook social link, such as the one with the option to "like" this page. So I would need to include the code for that as well. Any tips? Much obliged, Topher

#2 topher

topher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:08 PM

OK, I've forged ahead and figured out how to manipulate the search function (in editor) and trimmed it to the following code:

<form method="get"  id="searchform" class="" action="<?php bloginfo('url'); ?>/" >
		<fieldset>

<strong>Rosine's Restaurant - 831-375-1400</strong>
	<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?app_id=210026702375558&href=http%3A%2F%2Ftopherpages.com%2Frosines-v1%2F&send=false&layout=standard&width=300&show_faces=true&action=like&colorscheme=light&font=segoe+ui&height=80" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:300px; height:80px;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

</fieldset>
	</form>

Thankfully the client does not need search functionality - so, how do I get rid of the search field that's still hanging around? Anyone? Anyone?

See what I mean here: http://topherpages.com/rosines-v1/

#3 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:36 AM

You can get rid of it by going to Theme Options and changing the Hide Search setting under Header And Nav.

#4 topher

topher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:59 AM

Hi Catrina - no offense, but did you read my posts? Try again ;)

I'm looking to replace the search field with content. Please take a look at my second post with an update, and the accompanying link.

#5 topher

topher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:30 AM

Nevermind, figured it out on my own. You can edit the _searchform.php file in WP, but you need to keep the form intact. Then find the search form png file in css and delete it, so that the search container graphic doesn't show. This way, I've got text and a Facebook social graph showing where the search field used to be. Hope that helps someone out.

#6 dorsipalmisano

dorsipalmisano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:48 AM

Can you explain it better. I found out that in searchform.php the png file is searc-btn.png, but in css there isn't.. and for me it's not clear how to change that space in plain text

#7 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:33 PM

Which CSS are you looking at?