Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Set Up Blog: Echo

7 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Must be doing something wrong, want the home page static (for now) as I have done, but want "BLOG" in the navigation to go to my latest blog posts. I am not able to set up the blog to work at all.

Posted · Report post

Sites looking great. Have you seen the option for this under "settings" > "reading" in the WP admin?

Posted · Report post

Thanks, and yes, I do know where to find it, but here is what I see: Front page displays Your latest posts A static page (select below) Front page: Creative Nudge Posts page: -Select- Under "-Select-" it just lists the pages I have. I want a BlOG. Do I need to create a separate Blog page then as well? And will that then point the latest posts there?

Posted · Report post

Hi ibehappy2, I had some of the same issues (but with WHPro). Here is what I did - hopefully it will help. 1.create a new page, label it BLOG or whatever you want to call it (make sure it doesn't have a parent page so that it will be in your navigation bar) 2. Go to the "settings" > "reading" and for POSTS PAGE: SELECT, you will now find your "BLOG" page in the drop down. So every time you post something, it will now end up on the BLOG page. Hope that helps!

Posted · Report post

Just make sure the Blog page you create is the "default template"

Posted · Report post

BIngo! Thank you, Heather, for your very clear and descriptive help. Got it. B