- - - - -

Set Up Blog: Echo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:20 AM

Must be doing something wrong, want the home page static (for now) as I have done, but want "BLOG" in the navigation to go to my latest blog posts. I am not able to set up the blog to work at all.

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:35 AM

Oh yeah, here is the URL http://creativenudge.com/

#3 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3270 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:31 PM

Sites looking great. Have you seen the option for this under "settings" > "reading" in the WP admin?

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:19 PM

Thanks, and yes, I do know where to find it, but here is what I see: Front page displays Your latest posts A static page (select below) Front page: Creative Nudge Posts page: -Select- Under "-Select-" it just lists the pages I have. I want a BlOG. Do I need to create a separate Blog page then as well? And will that then point the latest posts there?

#5 heather

heather

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:55 PM

Hi ibehappy2, I had some of the same issues (but with WHPro). Here is what I did - hopefully it will help. 1.create a new page, label it BLOG or whatever you want to call it (make sure it doesn't have a parent page so that it will be in your navigation bar) 2. Go to the "settings" > "reading" and for POSTS PAGE: SELECT, you will now find your "BLOG" page in the drop down. So every time you post something, it will now end up on the BLOG page. Hope that helps!

#6 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:38 AM

Just make sure the Blog page you create is the "default template"

#7 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:04 AM

BIngo! Thank you, Heather, for your very clear and descriptive help. Got it. B