• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 audaciouscreate

audaciouscreate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:33 PM

Hi, Here's one for you. I have these two blog sites both done in Platform Pro: (1)

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(2)

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Now they both have (as far as I can see) identical settings in the Blog and Posts section and in the Reading part of Settings but (2) is showing excerpts above the two full-width posts. I want (2) to behave the same way as (1). What have I missed and how do I go about resolving this? It's driving me crazy trying to work out what's wrong. Please help. Grateful as always, Stu

#2 audaciouscreate

audaciouscreate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:42 PM

OK... this is odd. Now they are both showing excerpts above the two full-width posts. I don't think I changed anything. What I want to do is have two full width posts showing without any excerpts and then all the other posts with the excerpts showing underneath the two most full width posts. Is this possible? If so, how? Thanks as always, Stu

#3 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:56 PM

Hi Stuart, If I'm understanding you correctly, you'll have to modify template.postloop.php. You'll have to do some sort of an if statement and a counter.

#4 audaciouscreate

audaciouscreate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:58 PM

Hi Kate, Thanks but that means absolutely nothing to me at all. I don't know any code but the bare basics. Sorry

#5 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:18 PM

check these options

#6 daniellisabxbmediacom

daniellisabxbmediacom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:09 PM

@Adam - I am having the same problem, even with those settings. Excerpts are being shown above full-width posts in magazine mode. It's important to note that I have full content enabled on my blog page because I want my full width posts to be full content, and the non-full width clips below to be excerpts. How can this be done?

#7 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:17 PM

Gentlemen what do your options look like then

#8 daniellisabxbmediacom

daniellisabxbmediacom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:51 PM

Here is the closest to what I want. The problem is that excerpts aren't showing in post clips. When I turn them on, they show on full-width posts too.

Posted Image

#9 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:33 AM

Did you upgrade the theme recently?

#10 daniellisabxbmediacom

daniellisabxbmediacom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:19 PM

@Catrina - I'm running PlatformPro 1.5.0. I just noticed that 1.5.1 is out - would this change things for me?

#11 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:38 PM

Looks like you might've got this fixed?

#12 daniellisabxbmediacom

daniellisabxbmediacom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:38 AM

Still looking for a solution Jimmy!

#13 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:20 PM

You can try upgrading to see if the problem is resolved.

#14 daniellisabxbmediacom

daniellisabxbmediacom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:20 PM

Upgrading didn't change anything. I'm really not sure that something is not working the way it should. It may be that the options are just not there for it to do what I want.

Is it possible to have a blog page with X number of full-width full content posts --with no excerpt on top-- on top of post clips with excerpts only?

#15 kastelic

kastelic

Advocate

• Members

• 3081 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:21 PM

If you could enable the excerpts again, then we could probably give you a CSS rule that would hide them from the full-width posts. I don't think there is a settings configuration to achieve exactly what you are looking for.

#16 srusnak

srusnak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:00 AM

I am trying to achieve something similiar to that of what you are trying to do except I want to get rid of those completely.

If you could enable the excerpts again, then we could probably give you a CSS rule that would hide them from the full-width posts.
I don't think there is a settings configuration to achieve exactly what you are looking for.

I will be following this thread as this is what I need.

#17 srusnak

srusnak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:09 AM

Actually, there is a solution with no css rules needed to stop it from displaying at all. Go to Reading under your Wordpress Settings. Set 1 to the 'blog pages show at most', and this will get rid of the excerpts etc below as they are considered posts.

Hope this helps.