Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

howto remove continue reading?

Question

Posted · Report post

For the wordpress theme, removing "continue reading" and using the <!--more--> --I've read many posts on this but few seem to address accurately and many seem to vary based on theme. Is there a quick recipe? And if I rid of "continue reading" will this allow associated images with posts appear on the front page? Thanks so much. -zeek

4 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Zeek, Do you just want to have the full post show? If so, you can go to Settings->Blog and Posts and deselect "Excerpt", and select "Show Full Post".

Posted · Report post

Thanks so much Kate. Your advice got me in the right area --I think we might be on different vers (I have wp 3.1.3, Platform 1.3.1). I had to do: Settings->Blog and Posts: Post Excerpt or Summary Handling [uncheck] Posts/Blog Page Full Post Content [check] Posts/Blog Page I now get around ~130 words + the associated image on the front page. Thanks a bunch -- you saved my sanity.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hello everyone there, i have a question on the subject here discussed. If i use the full lenght post for the first one, and the rest with excerpt, how can i do for remove the continue reading on the first post, assuming that i increased the excerpt lenght to show the full text. I want the first post with full length and showing all the info, so i dont see why it needs  the continue reading button, you are just reading the full text. I don't want no open that post, it's just a welcome text. Thanks

Posted · Report post

@dihue Can you please post a link to your site and point out an example on your page?