• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 21thirteen

21thirteen

• Members

• 17 posts
  • Framework Version:DMS 2

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:14 PM

I'm using the whitehouse pro_dev theme and the <!--more--> tag is not working. I've tried remedies suggested by other posts in the forum that seem to be related but no luck. Please help!

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:41 PM

Are you adding it to the post edit screen? Try using the HTML editor

#3 21thirteen

21thirteen

• Members

• 17 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:41 PM

Thank you for replying, Adam. I've tried it using both the visual and the html editor and no go. Is there some setting in the theme options I don't have correct? Or could it be something else?

#4 21thirteen

21thirteen

• Members

• 17 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:44 PM

I've had a "Coming Soon" plug in activated but I've turned it of so you can see the page. It is

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

- thank you!

#5 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:33 AM

Was it working before or is this is the first time you're trying to implement it?

#6 21thirteen

21thirteen

• Members

• 17 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:04 PM

Hi Catrina - this is the first time I tried implementing it. Thank you!

#7 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:37 PM

Hi Perry, Also, want to point out that you need to make sure you don't have "Excerpts" turned on. You'll need to select to show "Full Post".

#8 21thirteen

21thirteen

• Members

• 17 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:35 PM

Hi Kate - thank you - can you please tell me where "Excerpts" can be turned on or off and where shoe Full Post is? In the Theme Options, Pages and Pots section, I see: Post Excerpt Placement Where should the theme use post excerpts? Only on blog pages and search Only on single post pages All blog/post pages Don't show and I see: Full Post Content Placement Where should the theme place the full content of posts? Show full content on single pages only Show full content on all blog pages I don't see anything that says "Excerpts" or "Full Post" there or in the edit section of the page. Also please note that this is a PAGE, not a POST! Thanks!

#9 timlinson

timlinson

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1032 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:12 AM

Also please note that this is a PAGE, not a POST!

Not sure what you mean here. I don't think pages in wordpress even have excerpts. Excerpts are only for posts to lead to the full post. Pages just show the whole page content.

#10 21thirteen

21thirteen

• Members

• 17 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:42 PM

Well, ok, Tim - thank you - so I can't use the "Read More" tag in a page, only in a post . . . oh well . . . have to rethink how I'm going to do what I need to do. BUT, could someone PLEASE answer my questions above from Kate's response: Exactly where and how do I find the settings to make the "Read More" tag work? - the tag is STILL not working even in a post - I've got "Post Excerpt Placement" set to "All blog/post pages" and I've got "Full Post Content Placement" set to "Show full content on all blog pages". I don't see any other settings anywhere that seem relevant; I don't see an option to turn "Excerpts" on or off or one that says, exclusively, "Full Page" as Kate suggested. PLEASE answer as if I know nothing about Theme Options, which I don't, and explain fully - this is the first time I've used Page Lines. Thank you

#11 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:54 PM

You can find the settings under Settings->Blog and Posts. But, this is only for Posts, as Tim mentioned above. You would have to do some PHP modifications if you wanted to do an excerpt of a page.

#12 21thirteen

21thirteen

• Members

• 17 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:14 PM

guys . . . PLEASE!!!! you are experts and i admire you tremendously for that . . . but PLEASE try to think like someone who knows NOTHING about this! In Settings, there IS no "Blog and Posts" section. In Theme Options there is a section called "Pages and Posts", NOT "Blog and Posts". If that is the correct one, then EXACTLY which setting(s) do I use and EXACTLY which option do I toggle? PLEASE be specific! Thank you

#13 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:23 PM

The Read More tag only works when displaying the "full post content" on the main post page.

#14 projectsimply

projectsimply

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:54 AM

Perry, just chanced upon this and attempting to overcome a similar challenge. Have to confess I'm as bewildered and confused as you however currently investigating this too in Platform Pro Settings>Blog and posts. Hope that helps?

#15 projectsimply

projectsimply

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 03:11 PM

Is there a way to use "Read More" tag for display summaries of posts for a specific category?

#16 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:23 PM

Is it only one specific category page that you want the "Read More" tag to be displayed in?