Photo

Front page sidebar changes with new post?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 spiritbear

spiritbear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:46 PM

Sorry if this is a newbie issue - I like this theme and bought it,(StationPro) but as a first-timer, find it a little less than completely intuitive. I've completely given up trying to use Feature...but otherwise, I'm getting there... Under Settings/Reading, I have Front Page Displays = Your Latest posts, but my main sidebar seems to vanish from my front page randomly with new posts, showing secondary sidebar in its place. Is there something I'm missing?

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:05 PM

Do you have the "show secondary sidebar" option checked that would cause it to show up instead of the main sidebar?

#3 spiritbear

spiritbear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:28 PM

Hi cmunns - no, the offending posts do not have that option checked down at the bottom of the New Post page. I leave it off. (and anyway, shouldn't that just affect the individual post's page, intead of the front page?) I'm thinking of just configuring my main_sidebar and secondary_sidebar to look exactly the same, to get around this...but still, I'm disappointed that merely adding a post changes my front page layout. And I don't think I can force my welcome text to appear along with the secondary sidebar, which means sometimes it'll be there, and sometimes not.

#4 spiritbear

spiritbear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:19 AM

Well, I went ahead and faked it out (whatever is causing this). Now all my posts show with the secondary sidebar - I guess my main sidebar has been cast to oblivion. Good thing, I guess, that there are two.

#5 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:07 AM

Are you still looking for a resolution to this problem then?