Photo
- - - - -

iBlog2 2.8 - Page.php Error Crashes Site

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 gregory-johnson

gregory-johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:47 AM

Upon updating to from iBlog2 2.7.7 to iBlog2 2.8 the theme causes a crash of the website. The offending error is: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')' in ... page.php on line 23 In the error above, I removed the lengthy host directory structure and replaced it with ... I checked what I thought was line 23 of the page.php file, and didn't notice anything odd about it. Maybe there's a missing ( to cause the ) to be unexpected.

#2 gregory-johnson

gregory-johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 01:51 AM

Here's a temporary fix: Line 23 ends with »</p>'); ?> Remove the ) at the end and that fixes the initial error. Then more errors are found in line 24 and 25. So, remove those lines entirely. Line 24 begins with <?php link_pages Line 25 begins with <?php edit_post_link When these lines are removed from the page.php file, the theme seems to work. However, this removes the link_pages and edit_post_link options. I'm not sure what link_pages does, but the edit_post_link is the link at the bottom of the page you can click on to edit the post or page. For some reason, the Edit link appears at the bottom of posts but not at the bottom of pages after this fix. Hopefully the correctly coded page.php file will be made available soon.