• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 swcomp

swcomp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:32 AM

hi there. trying to figure out how you configure your template to be pretty much based along the same lines of your demo site in terms of 3) Any recommendation for a good slideshow gallery as FlickR and PageNav only does small icons and after something rotating. Thanks Mark

#2 swcomp

swcomp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:01 AM

Ok think ive managed to work some of it out. Can i only have blogs running on one page? why does the Soap Box always come up at the top of the page? importantly also can i disable the option for people to leave comments? thanks.

#3 swcomp

swcomp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:26 AM

When creating drop down menus, is there away of disabling the top button from being a link or do I need to alter the main code for this?

#4 swcomp

swcomp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:14 AM

how can i remove your logo at the very bottom below the footer as dont wish for clients to view this. thanks.

#5 [Deleted User]

[Deleted User]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:31 AM

Hi... lots of questions...

When creating drop down menus, is there away of disabling the top button from being a link or do I need to alter the main code for this?

Add a fake custom link to your menu by entering a hash "#" in the URL field and a Label of your choice.

Regards,
Jackey

#6 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:10 PM

Hi Ross, In addition to Jackey's comment: once you've created the menu item, you can then go back and take the "#" out. As for the logo at the bottom: The developer license allows you to take this out. However, we do allow it on a site by site basis. Meaning, please e-mail us at hello [at] pagelines.com to tell us about your site. There are two ways to disable comments: Settings->Discussion, or at the bottom of a page or post edit screen there's a checkbox that says "Disable Comments". Finally, about the soapbox: you can modify this under Settings->Template Setup.

#7 swcomp

swcomp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:49 AM

hi, thanks for clearing that up and that worked. the other issue i am having is the accordion sidebar. i have unchecked the accordion sidebar in the theme options and tried disabling it. however when i browse the webpage it comes up with the 'Add Widgets - The accordion sidebar has been selected but doesnt have any widgets. Add some ....' Also what i noticed is that my main home page content doesnt lineup with my sidebar widgets, anyway of getting this to be leveled out? ive tried changing the amount of content listed in the widgets but doesnt help. is there a contact form that can be used or recommended with this template? thanks so much.

#8 timlinson

timlinson

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1032 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:18 AM

For the accordion sidebar, aside from that checkbox, make sure that your Default Sidebar at the top of that settings page isn't set to the accordion. For the 2nd issue, we'd need a link to see what's happening. For the contact form, a lot of people use cformsII, or you can try contact form 7 (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

)

#9 swcomp

swcomp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:05 AM

thanks will look into that. this is the link to the site i am working on..

#10 swcomp

swcomp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:09 AM

ive changed the default sidebar and to Flow or Drag and Drop and still makes no difference. If i dont place anything inside there is still comes up with the Add Widgets box on the default page.

#11 timlinson

timlinson

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1032 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:06 AM

Are you just wanting that sidebar to be gone entirely? In that case you can just check the "remove default sidebars when empty" box in the theme's sidebar settings. Regarding the alignment, I guess you could try adding a `
` or two to the end of your main content. The elements aren't really designed to be interconnected.. you can see even on the demo blog, they're all just meant to be free-floating:

#12 swcomp

swcomp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:40 AM

thanks for the update. ive just made the adjustment as needed but that default empty accordion side bar keeps appearing. Ill leave it up so you can see. Under the theme options ive changed the default to drag and drop or flow and disabled all other options that i could see and still keeps prompting as you can see now. thanks will have to have a play around with the code.

#13 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:46 PM

I can't see the empty accordion sidebar you're referring to. Was the problem taken care of or do you still see it?

#14 swcomp

swcomp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:54 AM

Not sure how you cant see it as its right there and cant be missed. Ive viewed it from multiple computers that havent logged onto the WP-ADMIN account or not even internally on the same network and always shows. See image link...

Posted Image

#15 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:21 PM

In light of no solution..use CSS ` #sidebar #accordion { display: none; } `

#16 swcomp

swcomp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:40 AM

sorry little confused where that code is based? i can find where all the pages are stored in wordpress where the code can be changed but not sure which page to apply it to exactly. ive tried the templates, index and few others but no joy. thanks.

#17 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:38 PM

not in a template file, in a .css file