Photo

Problems with Theme

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 skiddy

skiddy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:48 PM

Having problems with this theme and if I had hair, I'd be pulling it out by now :(

1. Whatever I try I cannot get my Blog page to display full width despite following all the instructions to do so.

2. My post content is showing up twice. See attached image.

3. Why is there 2 "edit post" areas here?

Posted Image

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:48 PM

There is a full width-page template when you create new pages, however, if you want the blog page to be full width along with each post inside of it you'll have to modify some php files.

#3 skiddy

skiddy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:04 PM

Hmmmm... I know there is a full with template and while you say there is php files to modify you don't say which ones or what to modify. What about the other two issues mentioned? Seriously, after looking through many of the forum posts here it is my impression that the responses given are just too vague and thus require additional posts to get answers.

#4 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:02 PM

1. Whatever I try I cannot get my Blog page to display full width despite following all the instructions to do so.

You'll need to edit the index.php and single.php files and first hide the sidebar.php file... then we'll need to use custom css to extend the widths of the elements on of the posts elements.

2. My post content is showing up twice. See attached image.

This is the default behavior of excerpts.. if you don't set the excerpt is will take the first of your post. If you don't want to use them; simply turn them off in the theme options.

3. Why is there 2 "edit post" areas here?

These only show up when you're logged in (as admin) and were designed to make it easy to find a place to edit you content.

Finally, we'll work with you to get these customization up; but please be flexible with us. As designers we work hard on this stuff and its impossible to anticipate the 1000s of permutations of things customers would like to customize in their websites.

#5 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:05 PM

It is often hard to diagnose problems without access to a live link. We have never had issues with duplicate content, but most bugs are caused by incompatible plugins. I can help you fix these problems, but based on the initial information provided (by most people) it is hard to fix issues after just one post.

#6 skiddy

skiddy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:31 AM

Guys, don't get me wrong. I understand the effort you put into these themes and I appreciate your craft and expertise, otherwise I would not have invested in it. I'm somewhat new to Wordpress/Pagelines, and as such, I'm expecting things to behave a certain way. Again, perhaps a little more explanation would avoid some of the confusion/frustration. For example, the description of "full-width pages" to me implied that it would also include posts associated with that page. It is now apparent that it is not the case. It may be a very subtle and simple thing to you, but is/was highly frustrating to me at the time. The other thing I don't "get" is excerpts. I thought I knew how they worked from other themes but they seem to behave very differently by default in the Pro version, and I can't figure out the Theme options to get it to do what I'd like. Anyway, if you have suggestions then I'm always open to learning. Thanks.

#7 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3252 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:51 AM

We're working on better docs & tutorials to help people customize their sites.. Also, we're trying to make excerpts easier to deal with right now... we have had a few complaints about the way they work. The same goes for you... your feedback as a customer is invaluable! please share it; we will take action based on it:)