Photo
- - - - -

How to get a blockquote to wrap at one side of image?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 krystal

krystal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:50 AM

Seems I have the duplication of blockquotes and text under control now, you can see this page is looking better:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I finally dug up the options in the settings (tough to find that one!) and shut off the "exerpts" option. Now it appears that the dupes prob is history....But, I can't get my blockquote to sit on the side across from a small or a long vertical image. How would I do this?

#2 Kate

Kate

Advocate

• Members
  • 3039 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:22 PM

Hi Krystal, Have you tried putting it inside of the same paragraph as your image?

#3 krystal

krystal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:25 PM

Do you mean, adding paragraph tags just before the image code and then after the quotation (or text)?

#4 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:17 PM

edit the image and align it to the left.

#5 krystal

krystal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:47 AM

Already did that, Adam. It doesn't help. Weirdly enough, the visual editor shows the text in the desired position (even though it lacks the grayed area and it isn't italicized), and yet, when I view the post, I don't see what the visual editor shows me. Same thing on another post which has a problem with banners not aligning correctly (I'll get to that one later)--on the visual editor, what you see is NOT what you get.

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:49 AM

Can you please take a screenshot of what you see in the text editor and another of the HTML editor for that same post?

#7 krystal

krystal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:03 AM

Sure! Here they are, the visual editor indicates that all is well, when actually it is not... I don't have a huge problem with the quote being in the middle of the page, I just feel that when there's a lot of empty white space it's nice to fill it in with text, if that seems feasible. The way this is, the post looks too long vertically...

The second pair are screenshots of a post entitled "Spring Digital Images" containing banners that link to other site sections. You can see that in the WYSIWYG everything looks nicely arranged, banners are two by two and side by side. But not on the actual post :( I threw this in b/c my issue seems to be about more than just text not wrapping.

Oh, you did ask for images of the html editor. It's very late here, I shall do that ASAP in the morning.

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:44 PM

It looks like the images are appearing the way they are on the actual webpage because your blog layout isn't wide enough to fit 2 horizontal images in one row. Would you want to increase the width of the blogging area?