• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 krystal

krystal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:53 PM

I don't understand why this is happening or how to fix it, it's everywhere, on almost all my pages and posts that contain text. So frustrating. For example =

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and,

Apparently other people have had similar issues:

Elsewhere I was advised to change the blockquote in style.css to: BLOCKQUOTE { margin: 0 0 1em 1em; padding: 1em 1em 0.5em; font-style: italic; quotes: none; clear: both; } But that hasn't helped at all. How to solve this problem??

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:17 PM

Make sure excperts aren't turned ON for your single post pages. Also, check for errors due to missing HTML markup.

#3 krystal

krystal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:32 AM

Make sure excperts aren't turned ON for your single post pages.

Where would I find that option, please? I'm looking around for it, but I'm a little lost...

As for errors, I'm seeing a lot of extra tags like </p> everywhere, but I didn't put them there. Break tags, too, are thick as bees. That probably explains why my banners are in a vertical row rather than two by two, side by side as originally meant.

#4 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts
  • LocationDevon
  • Framework Version:2.1.1

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:55 AM

do you use the wordpress wysiwyg editor? wordpress has a habit of adding br and p tags all over the place! try TINYMCE Advanced.

#5 krystal

krystal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:19 AM

LOL, I guess that is what I'm using, it's the HTML side of their editor. Sometimes I just don't pay any attention to the visual side of it (WYSIWYG, I take for granted). I looked again at this page -

- where the block quotes are really mucked up. The visual editor doesn't show any probs at all. But when I view the page as online, then the problems are very obvious... It's just bizarre how sometimes we see all those break tags popping up out of nowhere, the slash P tags too. At this moment I'm downloading the Tinymce Advanced plugin :)